[OpenStack-Infra] DEVSTACK_GATE_UNSTACK

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Nov 18 16:50:50 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016, at 08:01 AM, rzang wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am curious about the meaning of DEVSTACK_GATE_UNSTACK=1 for gate jobs.
> From the comments it seems when setting to 1, the dsvm will first do
> stack, then unstack.
> But it seems not the case now.  I recently added a
> gate-dsvm-networking-odl-fullstack-carbon-snapshot-nv job as you can get
> an instance from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/398810/
> It keeps failing, and from the log it does not seem to me that it has all
> the dependencies installed as it would if ./stack is executed.
>

> Could you please shed some light on this?

Lets start with the source. [0] confirms that this should run right
after devstack runs as a hack around dependency only installations not
being supported by devstack. In [1] we can see that it does indeed run
just after stack.sh is executed.

Looking at the job's console log [2] I don't see where stack.sh is
running. This has led me back to the job configuration where I notice
that you have overridden the gate_hook [3]. The default gate hook is
what runs devstack-vm-gate.sh which includes executing stack.sh and
unstack.sh. Since you have overridden this function all of this behavior
is entirely up to what you are providing as the gate_hook.

And because the http email job log link didn't carry through on the
conversion to text you can find the original job link at [4].

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/tree/devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh#n401
[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/tree/devstack-vm-gate.sh#n734