[OpenStack-Infra] JJB V2.0 planning

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:04:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 11 November 2016 at 14:59, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Wayne Warren <wayne at puppet.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha at linuxfoundation.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/358019 Support explicit API and simple
>>> config creation
>>>
>>> There's also some TODO actions in the etherpad that we need to decide if
>>> we want to continue pushing for in the JJB 2.0 push.
>>>

>> I think the best forum for making a decision on these items would be here
>> on the mailing list. If everyone else agrees let's start that in this
>> thread.
>>

> +1 that makes sense to me.

So on that patch:
https://review.openstack.org/358019 Support explicit API and simple config
creation

Does it make sense? I'd like to hear other people's opinion on whether it
makes sense to have an explicit API as well as a from_config(cfg) method
when someone would create the config object and then pass it around, or is
it more of a YAGNI?

Since it impacts the API that will be published, seems like it would be a
good idea to get this ironed out before releasing?

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"