[OpenStack-Infra] [zuul] v3 task lists in Storyboard

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Nov 10 18:23:19 UTC 2016

Up until now the v3 feature branch has been managed mostly in an etherpad
and by manual coordination.

With the team of developers expanding, we need to impose a bit more
structure on the effort.

So, with that, all of the stories and tasks have been added to
Storyboard with the zuulv3 tag.

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/679

(you can go here https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/search and search
for the zuulv3 tag)

Also, we've put together a work board organized a bit like a sprint
to get to the point where the v3 branch is "operational". That doesn't
necessarily mean it is ready for OpenStack infra to use, but it's enough
to run a job through it.

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/41

You do not have to edit this board, but the idea is to pick up tasks and
stories in the 'todo' first, and not grab things from 'in progress'
without talking to those assigned first.

I'd like to ask anyone working on v3 to please use these to track work.
The workboard is, unfortunately, complicated, as you will need to be
added as a user to move cards around. Please request access in #zuul on
Freenode and we'll try to add you ASAP. But the most important thing is
that what you're doing is visible in storyboard so that we don't
duplicate work. You can also just ping us to move a story or task if you
don't want to bother with editting the board. We'll try to keep up with
that as well.

A final note, this particular story should be handled with care:

https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2000773

If you intend to work on enabling, removing, or refactoring around a
test or a class of tests, please add a task for that and assign yourself.

Thanks!