[OpenStack-Infra] Logs for Ask.O.o - chasing false positive spam labeling

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 9 18:11:39 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-08 19:12:32 +0800 (+0800), Tom Fifield wrote:
[...]
> Upstream apparently revamped the spam system in the version marked
> to upgrade to in:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274032/

I've gone ahead and approved this just now... I was unaware it was
out there waiting for approval. Sorry about that! I'll try to
double-check that ask.o.o is still working correctly once it gets
applied.

> However, in order to make sure we're not losing up to 60% (akismet stat for
> October) of our potential legitimate posts while we wait for that, it would
> be great if there were some logs to try and find out what's going on.
>
> Anyone able to dig and send me something?

I'm happy to. The Askbot application logs seem to contain nothing of
relevance, so I'm assuming you want the Apache logs in this case.
What timeframe are you interested in? Our retention right now is
on the order of several gigabytes compressed so don't want to
inundate you with the entirety if a subset will suffice.

> (If you got curious and want something to grep for, try
> 2001:638:70e:11:2ad2:44ff:*:* || 136.172.17.* )

I see a bunch of current hits for that v6 prefix, though not finding
any for the v4 one.