[OpenStack-Infra] Tri-Weekly IRC meetings?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Nov 9 09:56:38 UTC 2016

Stig Telfer wrote:
> In the Scientific WG we now have 3 co-chairs - one in Australia, one in the USA and one in the UK.  We are interested in arranging IRC meetings in 3 time zones, ie tri-weekly time slots.  Is that achievable?
>
> One potential issue I can see is that scheduling a tri-weekly slot would conflict with other meetings on a bi-weekly spacing.
>
> Any thoughts on doing this?  I assume it isn’t the first time this request has come up.

Our scheduling system currently only supports biweekly or weekly
meetings. We don't currently support monthly or triweekly meetings
(mostly to avoid having to detect complex conflicts with biweekly meetings).

I guess we could evolve openstack-infra/yaml2ical to detect more complex
conflicts. We'd gain in scheduling flexibility, but lose in our ability
to pack the schedule tightly and make it pretty difficult to find empty
slots manually.

Any chance you could express what you are after using only biweekly
meetings ? Like schedule odd Mondays, odd Thursdays and even Tuesdays ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)