[OpenStack-Infra] Question on how to enable Jenkins on a branch

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Nov 8 18:16:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016, at 07:57 PM, Kanzhe Jiang wrote:
> Hello Infra:
>
> I created a new branch, stable/liberty_ksv3, in
> https://github.com/openstack/networking-bigswitch. Jenkins doesn't run on
> the new branch. Do I need to configure anything else?
>
> Here is the gerrit review waiting for Jenkins to give +1.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393943/

This appears to be happening due to the zuul job branch restriction
found at [0]. To fix this you can either add explicitly rules for your
project's jobs which will override that default rule or you can modify
the default rule to match stable/(liberty|mitaka).* which will match
your branch name of stable/liberty_ksv3.

Keep in mind that we don't typically do feature work on stable branches
which is why this hasn't otherwise been a problem for others. Typically
you would add keystone v3 support in master and carry that going
forward, not add it to a 3 release old stable branch.

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/zuul/layout.yaml#n1173

Hope this helps,
Clark