[OpenStack-Infra] Scheduling a Zuul meeting

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Nov 2 17:30:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

Recently, a bunch of folks have expressed an interest in helping with
Zuul v3.  With more than a handful of people engaged in active
development, it seems like it might be time to adopt some useful
development practices.  One of those is scheduling a weekly meeting, the
other is task tracking.

The meeting would be a time and place for everyone engaged in Zuul
development to discuss what they are doing with everyone else, get into
as much detail as is needed, and help us ensure we're making the
progress we want to.

Of course, we will still use the #zuul channel to talk about things as
they come up.  And we will still participate in the Infrastructure
meeting as needed to coordinate with the wider team.

As our team includes people in the Middle East, Europe, North America,
and Oceania, I propose that we schedule the meeting for Monday at 20:00
UTC. (19:00 would be a good alternative if 20:00 is bad for folks.
Straying too far from that tends to make things more difficult for folks
on either end of our timezone spectrum.)

Clint Byrum (SpamapS) has volunteered to help organize the tasks needed
to make progress and encode them into Storyboard.  This will be a bit of
a work-in-progress for a short while as we work on articulating what's
needed to grow from a few developers to many more, but at the end of the
process both Storyboard and our meeting should serve to provide a
clearer picture of what needs to be done and a fluid mechanism for
accomplishing it.

Please let me know if the proposed time (Monday, 20:00 UTC) works for
you, or if an alternate time would be better.

Thanks,

Jim