[OpenStack-Infra] A tool for slurping gerrit changes in to bug updates

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 26 13:06:57 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-26 11:37:18 +0100 (+0100), Zara Zaimeche wrote:
[...]
> Updating the bug/task-tracker from those changes, however, would
> be different for each tracker, so you wouldn't be able to do that
> part in a generic way. Plus, while analyzing the data from the
> stream could theoretically be the same, in practice different data
> might matter for each tracker, and one might be looking for a
> different regex in the commit message, etc. So I think the only
> part that can be generic will be getting the changes from gerrit,
> and from other comments on this thread, it sounds as though people
> have already covered that.

I'd imagine things like regular expression matches and API methods
could be extracted into configuration (as long as we make
assumptions like the task tracker APIs are all RESTish and don't
require fancy branching business logic). So a rules engine which can
be configured to tokenize parts of specified Gerrit events and then
expand corresponding variables in configured API calls would
presumably fit the bill.