[OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-operators] [logging] Announcing openstack-infra/logstash-filters

K Jonathan Harker kenneth.jon.harker at hpe.com
Tue May 17 00:31:21 UTC 2016

On 05/16/2016 03:15 PM, Nordquist, Peter L wrote:
> As a user of logstash myself, thanks for the contribution.  I'm currently using the configuration at [0] with some minor modification to collect from more log files.  These two configurations for logstash seem similar, are they both going to be kept in sync?
>
> [0]: https://github.com/openstack/osops-tools-logging/blob/master/logstash/basic/logstash.conf

This is the first I'm learning of the osops-tools-logging project. I see
that its README links to the openstack-infra config file that the
logstash-filters project is based off of, but I don't see any commit
messages related to syncing with that file. And since there has been no
attempt to keep them in sync before, it is unlikely that the
osops-tools-logging maintainers will begin now.

But these two projects are very similar, and I think that if we can find
a way to consolidate them and collaborate on a single set of filters
then everyone involved would benefit.

--
Jonathan Harker