[OpenStack-Infra] [ironic] Requesting official mirror for Tiny Core Linux

Mathieu Mitchell mmitchell at internap.com
Thu May 12 15:47:57 UTC 2016

Dear Infra team,

Since the beginning of the year, we have started to use Tiny Core Linux
to build a smaller ramdisk for ironic-python-agent, we call this TinyIPA
[1]. TinyIPA is now becoming the default for devstack because it is much
faster and smaller than the CoreOS based ramdisk [2], allowing us to
have a faster feedback loop.

However, this increases our dependency on being able to build TinyIPA.
We currently rely on the official Tiny Core Linux mirror, but it has
proven to be somewhat slow. Also, we are unable to assess it's reliability.

We would like to officially request a mirror for Tiny Core Linux. They
currently has a network of mirrors [3], so it should be possible to host
a mirror. Going forward with this proposal should resolve our initial
concern.

Thank you,
Mathieu Mitchell

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234902