[OpenStack-Infra] An idea to help browse and troubleshoot Ansible Playbook runs

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed May 11 16:36:47 UTC 2016

David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi openstack-infra,
>
> I've been hacking on an idea since last friday and I was thinking it
> could be of interest for you guys as Ansible users, but also
> considering the next generation of Zuul jobs will be powered by
> Ansible.

This looks really cool, thanks!

I could see this being very useful in zuulv3, or even in zuul2.5 (our
attempt to backport some of zuulv3 to zuulv2), or even in the ansible we
are using in devstack-gate.  Particularly if we get to the static site
generation you were talking about.

We may also want to think about whether we could incorporate this with
the zuul sqlalchemy reporter and use it as a basis for browsing all
results (that is, perhaps use it in its current configuration as a web
service).

-Jim