[OpenStack-Infra] binary package install - plan of attack

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue May 10 19:53:36 UTC 2016

On 11 May 2016 at 02:09, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
> On 2016-05-09 19:47, Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>> On 9 May 2016 9:20 PM, "Andreas Jaeger" <aj at suse.com
>> <mailto:aj at suse.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> And then invoke "bindep test" and that would install both packages,
>> correct?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Great! Thanks for the explanations!
>
> I've created some patches now.
>
>>> In that case our three steps here would be:
>>> * Mark in the reviews some of the dependencies as [test]
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298313/
>
>>> * Invoke "bindep test" instead of "bindep" in infra scripts
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314571/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314574/
>
>>> * Fix the bug (not a blocking issue)
>
> Robert, will you work on this, please?

Sorry, I can't commit to that at this point: I'm in the process of
being made redundant at HPE, so I'm wrapping up existing commitments
and not taking on new ones; at least until I know that my next job
will be both OpenStack relevant and partly upstream :- doing otherwise
would be unfair to both my family and the OpenStack community: I'm
stepping out as gracefully as possible.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>