[OpenStack-Infra] [OT] Call for speaker submissions

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Tue May 3 17:01:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Spencer Krum <nibz at spencerkrum.com> wrote:
> I think this is a good conversation to have. I would recommend we start
> a thread-per-conference for simplicity. Folks can use this to coordinate
> attendance, ensure we submit unique presentations, and to help each
> other groom presentations. I doubt that anyone on the team would feel
> any offense at someone else submitting on infra topics, but coordination
> sounds good. Whenever we are presenting on an infra topic, being clear
> to put credit for building and supporting the technology in the correct
> place is something we should be careful to do.
>
> We've always used the publications repo to archive an collaborate on
> talks, but I think our use of that isn't quite correct at this time.

Yeah, we don't tend to prepare the presentations until after our talks
have been accepted and that's when we use the publications repo.

I like using the mailing list as a notification mechanism but I think
we should also maintain an etherpad with a listing so we can keep it
all organized in the longer term.