[OpenStack-Infra] jenkins::cgroups usage on long live zuul workers

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Sun Jun 19 15:51:36 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I spent some time last night looking at ubuntu-xenial and our manifests.
Specifically, I was testing out our wheel-mirror-ubuntu-xenial-amd64.o.o server.
Currently, I am running into an issue where our cgroups[1] configuration[2] is
not working under ubuntu-xenial.

Since jenkins is now gone, do we still need to worry about cgroups with long
lived zuul-workers? Or do we need to continue supporting cgroups moving forward
with ansible?

Apologies for asking, I've never used cgroups before.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-jenkins/tree/manifests/cgroups.pp
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/modules/openstack_project/manifests/slave.pp#n31