[OpenStack-Infra] [Infra] Job failure notifications

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Thu Jun 16 18:30:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 08:23:25PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 06/16/2016 05:31 PM, Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
> > Hi team,
> >
> > Is any way to subscribe to notifications to any failure on gate job? I'm
> > maintainer of  gate-tempest-dsvm-full-bdd-nv job in Cinder and would
> > like to know when it is failed.
>

> Use the OpenStack health to see yourself, for example:
>
> http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/g/build_queue/post?groupKey=build_queue&searchJob=translation
>
> There's only a mailing list for periodic jobs, no generic one,

openstack-health also supports rss feeds for failures. For example:

http://health.openstack.org/runs/key/build_name/gate-manila-tempest-dsvm-mysql-generic/recent/rss

is the rss feed of failures for one of the manila tempest plugin jobs. The rss
feeds are linked of the openstack-health home page:

http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/

That being said we don't collect data for check and experimental jobs right now.
It's on the roadmap to add support for that, but it adds a lot of complexity to
the system and moving forward here is blocked on some deployment changes we need
to make to the mysql database we use for subunit2sql. Once that's addressed we
can start moving forward again on having a method to include that data.

-Matt Treinish