[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] [infra][stackalytics] some projects not visible in stackalytics now

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Mon Jan 11 18:58:40 UTC 2016

Jim,

It's strange but the ban appears to be per-user, not per-host - i.e. I'm
able to run 'gerrit' command from another user. I couldn't find any
configuration option that match this behavior. So I've changed the user to
a new one (stackalytics-bot-2) and the process is up and running.

This may be related to the gerrit upgrade, or it may be a coincidence.

More like coincidence. The issue appeared first on Dec 29th, but after that
Stackalytics was able to get data until Jan 2nd.

> It looks like stackalytics.openstack.org _and_ stackalytics.org are both
> showing the same behavior.  Gerrit sees 64 open connections from each of
> them, most of which have been idle for many hours or days.  It seems
> like there may be a problem with connections not being closed properly.

Hmm. From stackalytics side I don't see more than 2 connections (one active
and one in closing state). The connection is used for up to 20 queries,
then it is closed and a new one is opened. May it be that connections
remain in half-closed state (when client closed it, but server still thinks
it's open)?

> Incidentally, at this point, the REST API should be complete enough that
> if you wanted to switch to it rather than ssh, it should be possible.
> However, I understand if that's something you might not want to do right
> now.

I need to look at REST API closer. But yes, it's something to do in a long
term.

> > PS.
> > project list will be fixed soon by
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/265730/
>
> Please don't have Stackalytics use github for anything -- there should
> be no reason to do so -- let's correct the connection problems above
> before introducing a dependency on another service.

Ok, agree. It's much easier to get banned by Github :( I've reverted that
change.

Thanks,
Ilya