[OpenStack-Infra] Wiki.o.o sustaining spam attack

Marton Kiss marton.kiss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:34:56 UTC 2016

I've deployed the mediawiki using our puppet modules to my dev machine, and
we have more problems here:
[image: The MediaWiki logo] MediaWiki 1.27 internal error

MediaWiki 1.27 requires at least PHP version 5.5.9, you are using PHP
5.3.10-1ubuntu3.21.
Supported PHP versions

Please consider upgrading your copy of PHP
<http://www.php.net/downloads.php>. PHP versions less than 5.5.0 are no
longer supported by the PHP Group and will not receive security or bugfix
updates.

If for some reason you are unable to upgrade your PHP version, you will
need to download <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download> an older version
of MediaWiki from our website. See our compatibility page
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Compatibility#PHP> for details of which
versions are compatible with prior versions of PHP.

The wiki.o.o seems to be running on precise, meanwhile the git consumed
repo simply not supporting the PHP version provided there.

M.