[OpenStack-Infra] Feedback after the infra midcycle

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 26 03:36:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-25 20:25:34 -0500 (-0500), Paul Belanger wrote:
> Additionally the work done to hpuseast and hpuswest before coming
> to midcycle was fantastic!  I don't want to list names (out of
> fear of missing anybody) but with out the previous work that was
> done with bifrost, ansible and puppet I can't imagine having a
> successful sprint.
[...]

Yes, that! When we initially brainstormed this sprint back at the
picturesque tea house in the courtyard of the Mitaka summit, it was
speculated that in an ideal world we might have one Infra Cloud
region up and mostly working in time for this. I didn't really
expect 4 months ago that the dedicated admins who worked so
tirelessly on these two regions would have them in such usable shape
by now. Amazing work!

Granted, due to unforeseen circumstances outside our control both
environments will be completely offline for at least a few weeks,
but everyone who worked to get Infra Cloud this far deserves that
much of a break anyway. ;)