[OpenStack-Infra] Deep pipelining with zuul

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 24 18:03:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-24 09:19:49 -0800 (-0800), Jerry Zhao wrote:
> I remember that there is a delay for used nodes on nodepool to be cleaned,
> without zuul marking it used, new jobs could be assigned on the used node,
> which would be deleted later so new job would sure fail.

There is an OFFLINE_NODE_WHEN_COMPLETE job parameter which controls
that behavior via the ZeroMQ publisher plug-in to Jenkins, entirely
independent of any use of Zuul (though you can of course have Zuul
set that parameter via Gearman work requests). Nodepool does rely on
Zuul's Gearman queue to guess whether it should boot additional
capacity to satisfy pending demand, but its state tracking (USED,
DELETE) is based on the ZeroMQ subscription to Jenkins and has
nothing to do with Zuul.