[OpenStack-Infra] Deep pipelining with zuul

Andrew Grimberg agrimberg at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Feb 24 15:56:33 UTC 2016

Greetings,

We're working on transitioning our Jenkins system off of Gerrit Trigger
and JClouds to Zuul and Nodepool and have run into a bit of a snag.

We have some rather deep pipeline dependencies with our current
configurations where one job produces information and possibly artifacts
that are then passed on to one or more jobs downstream.

Is this sort of configuration even possible with Zuul? I can't seem to
find anything in the documentation that would explain how to do this. If
it's not currently possible, what would need to be done to extend Zuul
to support something like this?

As a simple example we're looking to something like this (please excuse
the bad ascii art)

                                / Verify1 \
Gerrit event -- Zuul trigger --   Verify2  -- PipelineJob1 -- Response
                                \ Verify3 /

What the documentation is leading me to believe is that I can't do that
extra PipelineJob1 (or multiple in serial / parallel)

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator