[OpenStack-Infra] Wiki.o.o sustaining spam attack

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Feb 23 17:14:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 8:53 AM, JP Maxwell <jp at tipit.net> wrote:
> Thanks Marton & Paul.
>
> Marton, however the infra community wants to handle the puppetization of the
> local settings file is fine with me.  It is a very typical PHP app.
> Whatever is done we should have an easy path to update it.

Agreed. And we really do want to have it fully Puppetized in public so
folks can pitch in and help us with these things. The half-Puppetized
state makes this hard, as we can see from this thread.

As for where everything lives, we do have a little documentation on
it. Where the Puppet module lives, the exact placement of the
configuration we have Puppetized and some upgrade nodes here:
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/wiki.html

I've gone ahead and sent some sanitized Settings files from production
Paul's way, so that will get us started (thanks Paul!)

> The MediaWiki version should also be updated to the latest version at some
> point.
>
> So it seems like there are a few potential tasks around the wiki if we want
> to stay on top of things.  I’m happy to help drive this if it would be
> helpful.

Tracking these tasks would indeed be helpful to us, thank you for
offering. You can start putting notes in an etherpad.openstack.org
pad, or try to use Storyboard (linked from the wiki documentation page
above).