[OpenStack-Infra] [Shade]

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Mon Feb 22 17:11:14 UTC 2016

On 2/22/16 9:44 AM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> It sounds like a thing we should do in normalize_neutron_floating_ips
> for sure. I'd love to see if we can figure out why we're not getting a
> status - or if there are any cases where supplying 'active' when we get
> nothing might harm us.
>
> We also have this patch:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256025/
>
> which indicates that at least someone else has encountered a status-less
> ip - but we still don't have a great understanding of what's going on here.
>
> I'm going to try to poke some neutron people about it - but let's
> certainly get a fix in there.

Sometime this weekend, the Cisco Cloud folks upgraded OpenStack in the
data center that was causing us problems, so now Neutron returns a
status there and the immediate need has gone away for us. It appears
that that there was indeed a bug in a specific version of Neutron
causing it not to return a status when it should.

Regards,
David