[OpenStack-Infra] right way to report odd infrastructure issues?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 12 17:03:28 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-12 06:41:56 -0500 (-0500), Sean Dague wrote:
[...]
> What bug / issue tracker should I be using so that we can build up
> profiles of things like this? I know story board isn't a thing atm. The
> openstack-gate project in launchpad I don't think gets looked at (we
> mostly use it as a dumping ground for ER signatures that don't have a
> clear home).
[...]

Given the degree to which the Infra team is currently overloaded,
sticking "something happened but I don't know what, here's a log"
into an issue tracker is an even more effective black hole than
asking someone in IRC to try and help figure out what happened. Sad,
but true. The more effective path, which I'll grant is also not
easy, is to try to add relevant additional debugging so that you can
spot the cause yourself the next time it happens and have some hope
of devising a fix for it thereafter.