[OpenStack-Infra] problems on periodic-neutron

fumihiko kakuma kakuma at valinux.co.jp
Tue Feb 9 00:11:22 UTC 2016

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:20:45 -0500
Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 08:13:38AM +0900, fumihiko kakuma wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:45:17 +0000
> > Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Correct. From Zuul's perspective periodic jobs are triggered simply
> > > by a changeless/refless timer, and thus branchless since there's no
> > > associated Gerrit change or Git ref from which it can infer a
> > > branch. Asking Zuul to limit a periodic job to specific branches
> > > means it will never be run, as that precondition can never be
> > > satisfied.
> > > --
> > > Jeremy Stanley
> >
> > I see. Thank you for the explanation of the mechanism of periodic
> > pipeline.
> >
> > BTW can you also explain the non-indication of periodic pipeline data
> > by openstack-helth and tell the resolution to it?
>
> There is nothing wrong with openstack-health it's behaving as currently
> expected. There is a known limitation with the dashboard right now where
> results aren't counted if the job failure occurs before devstack starts. If your
> jobs are running but never even getting to devstack openstack-health (well
> really the subunit2sql db) will not have any data on those runs. Once you fix
> these jobs to actually start running devstack (or anything else which generates
> a subunit stream in the expected place) it'll appear on the dashboard.
>
> I wrote a brief blog post a little while ago on how openstack-health works and
> some of the features it has:
>
> http://blog.kortar.org/?p=279
>
> The current limitations section explains this issue in a bit more detail.
>
> -Matt Treinish

Thank you for reply.

OK, it explains the issue for periodic-neutron pipeline.
But how about periodic pipeline? It also does not seem to work.

http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/g/build_queue/periodic

Currently my jobs are required to use periodic pipeline.
So I want to know whether it works on periodic pipeline.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276317/

fumihiko kakuma <kakuma at valinux.co.jp>