[OpenStack-Infra] Translation check website

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Sat Feb 6 16:27:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 3:40 AM, Frank Kloeker <eumel at arcor.de> wrote:
> many thanks for the advises. A proposal for site.pp can you found here:
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/486021/

It would be much easier to review this if you submit it to Gerrit. Can
you submit this change to system-config and provide a link we can
review? You can include this in your
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276466/ change.

> I think you can generate random passwords and handover to Daisy as project
> coordinator.

Who will have the admin password will be a broader discussion with all
of Infra, we don't automatically give administrative access to the
primary users of a service. It's determined on a case by case basis
when we find it to be needed, especially when it comes to
administrative power that can impact the underying system like this
one can.

>>> 4. The puppet module has two cron jobs and a list of parameters.
>>> I don't know how to configure the parameters.
>>> Are there a web UI to configure ?
>>

>> I haven't had a close look at the Puppet module yet (I'm traveling
>> this week), but you will want to create a custom .pp file in
>> system-config under modules/openstack_project/manifests/ with the name
>> translations_checksite.pp or similar that has the values we want for
>> our own instance. For example, here's the custom .pp file for our
>> Zanata configuration:
>>

>> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/modules/openstack_project/manifests/translate.pp
>

> Question was: if you use Puppet Enterprise are configuration options like
> used branch in Zanata are acessable with web UI or how we handle this in the
> future, if we want later change things?

We do not use Puppet Enterprise (we only use open source software) and
have no web UI for changing things. Everything is done by proposing
changes in git via Gerrit.

> Anyway: the manifest for our puppet module are also ready for review:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/276466/
> It would be nice, if you have time to take a look.

I'm on my way home from a conference overseas today, so I'll make sure
it's on my list for next week.