[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul memory leak

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 03:56:18 UTC 2016

Hey all,

So this took me a lot longer than I would have liked (the fact that I
pushed this up in the middle of a conference should be evidence), but I
believe I have managed to track this down:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/275483/

We also have only ever been clearing our internal cache when reloading. We
should perhaps look at doing that periodically but that is a different
issue to the newly introduced leak. Although I haven't checked, I suspect
our cache is a lot larger recently (looking at cacti and other metrics)
probably due to cross-repo-dependencies so there is more need to keep it
clear. This may have contributed to the recent larger memory use.

Cheers,
Josh