[OpenStack-Infra] Translation check website

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Tue Feb 2 08:02:45 UTC 2016

Hi, infra team

The puppet module is proposed to
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-translation_checksite/
.
Please help to review.

Below are some follow up questions.
Hope to get inputs from infra experts.

1. How to handle user accounts for openstack instance ?
The puppet module has set up an admin account with a configurable password.
Do we need to protect the admin password ?
I hope to have some tester accounts only for testing.
The tester accounts may be shared within I18n team.

2. What's the hardware config of the translation_checksite server ?
After testing, we recommend a 8GB memory to support the set up of
openstack.

3. Do we need to deal with the health check or monitoring of openstack
instance ?

4. The puppet module has two cron jobs and a list of parameters.
I don't know how to configure the parameters.
Are there a web UI to configure ?

Thank you.
Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote on 2016/02/01 22:36:23:

> From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com>
> To: Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN
> Cc: <openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 2016/02/01 22:38
> Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Translation check website
>
> On 2016-02-01 15:15, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for the detail guidance, Elizabeth.
> > We have had the first version of puppet module in github[1].
> > We hope to move it to openstack infra.
>
> Daisy, the infra repo has been created yesterday, now you can send
> changes for it,
>
> Andreas
>
> > @Emilien, can I get your support
> > to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274090/ ?
> > The patch is to create the puppet module repository under
openstack-infra.
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/eumel8/translation_checksite

Zanata.
> >     > Which one do you suggest ? Lyz may help to answer this question.
> >     > If pulling from Zanata, could I get a sample of script to install
> >     Zanata
> >     > client ?
> >
> >     In order for this check site to be as useful as possible, we'll
want
> >     to pull them from Zanata just like Akihiro used to do with
Transifex