[OpenStack-Infra] Meetbot

Aurelien Bompard abompard at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 5 13:16:14 UTC 2016

Hey folks!

I'm a member of the Fedora Infrastructure team. We use Limnoria[1] &
Meetbot in our IRC channels to manage our meetings, but we're hitting a
number of limitations and we would like to hack on Meetbot. The thing is,
both codebases are unmaintained.
I've heard you guys are having the same problem and are maintaining a fork
of Meetbot, with a plan to port it to Errbot[2].

[1] https://github.com/ProgVal/Limnoria
[2] http://errbot.io

I'd like to help with that if possible! It seems to be a way that would
also fit the needs of the Fedora infrastructure. In a preliminary
discussion with some members of this list, it looks like your plan is to
add config-file support for plugins in errbot first, and then start porting
the plugins you need. Is that correct? Where are you at in this direction?
Is the code available somewhere?

Thanks! I'd be very happy to work with you on this :-)

Aurélien