[OpenStack-Infra] Development environments for infra's puppet modules

Simon McCartney simon at mccartney.ie
Thu Aug 25 15:42:24 UTC 2016

> 2) Is Vagrant a good fit for this? Otherwise should we consider an
> ansible-playbook to bootstrap an environment?

Just while you mention ansible, we've been looking at the infra-ansible[1]
& ansible-role-cloud-launcher[2] that Ricardo and others have been working
on, and as that project is relatively early in it's lifecycle we should
work on getting a friendly, safe, low-friction environment for working on
that suite, the current model involved a lot of manual copying stuff around
or using private repos for development, I'm sure we can find a better way
than that

[1] https://github.com/openstack-infra/infra-ansible
[2] https://github.com/openstack/ansible-role-cloud-launcher