[OpenStack-Infra] [nodepool] how to get floating ip

li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn
Mon Aug 22 03:37:33 UTC 2016

Hi all,
        There is an error for the nodepool configuration in my CI env.

        I have deployed a ci master node, and attached an OpenStack Cloud
(POD) to it.
        I want slave nodes in the POD can be started, and then got
floating ip.
        But in my env, with the following nodepool.yaml config, the slave
can only get
        internal ip from "net-ci" net, no floating ip from "pool" option.

        "providers" config option in nodepool.yaml file:
                providers:
                  - name: zte-RegionOne
                    region-name: 'RegionOne'
                    username: 'ciuser'
                    password: 'ciuser'
                    auth-url: 'http://172.20.0.11:5000/v2.0'
                    project-name: 'ciuser'
                    api-timeout: 60
                    boot-timeout: 60
                    max-servers: 40
                    rate: 0.001
                    image-type: qcow2
                    pool: 'admin_floating_net'
                    networks:
                      - name: 'net-ci'
                    images:
                      - name: ubuntu-trusty
                        min-ram: 8192
                        diskimage: ubuntu-trusty
                        username: jenkins
                        private-key: /home/nodepool/.ssh/id_rsa

        "admin_floating_net" net is a floating ip net.
        "net-ci" net is an internal net, which can connect to
"admin_floating_net" net through a route.

Thank you
BRs,
Liyuanzhen