[OpenStack-Infra] Ask OpenStack Profile Picture Bug

Marton Kiss marton.kiss at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:31:09 UTC 2016

Hi Gene,

The staging.ask.o.o is broken, because it relies on askbot's 0.7.x branch,
and sometimes it contains incompatible configuration changes that broke the
site. We have a patch for this in the queue waiting for review / approval:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/352284/ Askbot add editor_deselector for
the staging settings

Actually the ask.o.o is not rely on 0.7.x due to config changes, and we
have a patch in the queue as a solution:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274032/

I suggest to setup a local development environment in a vm first, made
tests and your patches there and contribute back changes to
https://github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel If you want to change anything in
the config we have a puppet-askbot repo and a system-config under
openstack-infra and I suggest to check the not-yet merged patches at
review.o.o. Feel free to reach me on irc if you have questions.

Brgds,
  Marton Kiss
  irc: mrmartin