[OpenStack-Infra] Manually moving irc archives from #kolla to #openstack-kolla

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 10 18:33:25 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-10 13:42:45 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 08:25:22PM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> > Several months ago Kolla changed its irc channel from #kolla to
> > #openstack-kolla.  We log our irc via eavesdrop.  Is it possible
> > for anyone with infra root access to manually move the irc
> > channel logs from #kolla to #openstack-kolla?  If there is a
> > little data lost from the 1 day overlap change, that is ok.
> >
> > If its not possible, I understand.
> >
> I'm not sure we've done this before.  We _can_ move the log files
> to the new directory, however I think we should leave them for
> historical purposes.

In particular, people may have linked to the URL of some old log
entries, and we probably don't want to indefinitely maintain a
growing list of redirects if teams start asking to shuffle their
logfiles around for convenience.

As counterpoint, we switched our meeting name from "ci" to "infra"
at the beginning of 2013 and never moved our own meeting logs to the
new directory on eavesdrop.o.o. Instead we just have a note at the
bottom of our meeting agenda pointing people to the old URL of our
earlier meetings from before we renamed.