[OpenStack-Infra] JJB V2.0 planning

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:22:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

Quick reminder that we're approaching the third planned sync up for JJB v2.0
api patches.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints#JJB_V2.0_API_Sprint

Time: August 5th 14:00 - 18:00 (UTC) - this friday
Venue: #openstack-meeting (IRC)

Seen some great work in the first two sync-ups with 11 patches landed, 8
from the original series and 3 additional changes. Hoping for another 8+ to
land in this next session :-)

The first two sync ups help define a sensible work flow, with the second
one showing substantial productivity improvement in applying the learnings
from the initial meeting. Here's a quick reminder of those:

   - Try to review the next set of patches before the sync up start
   - Use the meeting time to agree what changes need to be made if any
   - Document changes that can be added as follow up work
   - Then look to try and sub divide some patches to spread the load

Updated https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/jjb_api_v2.0 with the next set of
patches, 8 in total, that hopefully will get landed by end of this upcoming
session. Feel free to comment on any in the entire set, this is just to
help prioritise a part of the series that needs to land before the
remainder.

As there are a few TODO's listed, I would encourage anyone interested to
help pick up the TODO's, as these are things that are needed, and can be
proposed to be landed onto the existing tree right now. These were changes
spotted where it was decided to rework it subsequently to balance the
productivity penalty of rebasing the entire series against the benefit of
making the change there. We still want these as part of the V2.0 API work,
just make more sense to do it on top.

Also included two additional patches in the etherpad that would benefit
from feedback. They are design changes to the code where there are two
reasonable directions, and will benefit from having time to step back and
have a few days to consider, rather than trying to decide right before
inclusion. So better to think about them before the sync up planned for the
19th, when they would be planned to be landed.

Chat to you in #openstack-sprint on Friday.

Happy reviewing!

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"