[OpenStack-Infra] Work toward a translations checksite and call for help

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Aug 2 17:05:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> I'm hesitant to rely on unstack/clean/stack working consistently
> over time, though maybe others have seen them behave more reliably
> than I think they do. I had assumed we'd replace with fresh servers
> each time and bootstrap DevStack from scratch, though perhaps that's
> overkill?

This is what I was assuming as well, since we'd need a fresh version
of DevStack itself each time so the latest translations cleanly apply.
It would be hard to track all the changes by just doing
unstack/clean/fresh DevStack clone/stack, even if it was reliable over
time (my experience has also been that it's not).

I also learned the other day that the rejoin_stack.sh script was
largely unmaintained and removed in Mitaka, so any reboots cause you
to have to run unstack/clean/stack again, which is worthy to consider
as we discuss snapshots.