[OpenStack-Infra] Gearman-plugin for Jenkins: support for dockerized executors

Wolniewicz, Maciej (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) maciej.wolniewicz at nokia.com
Tue Aug 2 08:42:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

Khai, Clark thank you for your answers.

It looked like we had problem with dynamic slaves because we tried to use gearman plugin with newest Jenkins LTS release (2.7.1).

We also had problems with sending Zuul parameter (ZUUL_PROJECT, ZUUL_COMMIT, etc.) to jenkins jobs. Those parameters could be seen in job description in build history:

  Triggered by change:

  Pipeline: <b>check</b>

however were not passed as environment variables to job.

When we used Jenkins release 1.625.3 - the one suggested on plugin's wiki (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gearman+Plugin) – everything started to work. Now Gearman plugin sees dynamic slaves and is passing Zuul parameters to jobs.

Could you tell me if there is a plan to support newest Jenkins LTS releases in near future (for example 2.7.1) ?

On Zuul documentation page (http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/zuul.html ) we can see that openstack is moving away from Jenkins/Zuul to Ansible/Zuul for launching jobs.

Will Gearman plugin be still developed in such case? Are you planning to support this plugin in long term period?

Do you have any knowledge that future releases of Zuul (3.x.x) will also you gearman deamon to handle job executions so that we could use it with gearman plugin?

Br,

Maciek