[OpenStack-Infra] Work toward a translations checksite and call for help

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 1 15:10:21 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-01 16:46:07 +0200 (+0200), Ricardo Carrillo Cruz wrote:
> In my mind, I thought set_dns would be really an ansible wrapper to
> system-config launch/dns.py script.
[...]

There's a reason why that script only tells you what commands to
run, and doesn't run them for you. At least that way we can still
assert that we're not writing automation to communicate with
Rackspace's (proprietary, non-free, nonstandard, non-OpenStack) DNS
API if a sysadmin has to manually run commands to update records
through it. Then it's no worse on a philosophical level than using a
Web browser to make DNS changes through their similarly proprietary
dashboard site.