[OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit server replacement scheduled for April 11th

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Apr 11 22:13:40 UTC 2016

Our maintenance has concluded, and services are back in operation as
of 21:00 UTC. Please note that (as previously announced) this
maintenance included a move to new IP addresses for
review.openstack.org:

    IPv4 -> 104.130.246.91
    IPv6 -> 2001:4800:7819:103:be76:4eff:fe05:8525

These have replaced the following prior addresses:

    IPv4 -> 104.130.159.134
    IPv6 -> 2001:4800:7818:102:be76:4eff:fe05:9b12

DNS has been updated accordingly, but we understand that some users
are running from egress-filtered networks with port 29418/tcp
explicitly allowed to the former review.openstack.org IP addresses
and so may need to update their firewall rules accordingly. Users
dealing with egress filtering may find it easier to switch their
local configuration to use Gerrit's REST API via HTTPS instead, and
the current release of git-review has support for that workflow as
well.

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/045385.html

At the start of the maintenance we needed to stop Zuul, and due to
issues beyond our control were unable to save the active check/gate
pipeline contents. Any changes which were being tested or had been
approved and enqueued into the gate as of 20:00 UTC will need a
"recheck" comment to reinitiate testing on them. If they were
previously approved and enqueued in the gate, they should
automatically reenqueue into the gate again once check jobs pass for
them following your recheck.

We have double checked that this new Gerrit server is working as
intended and expected features are available, but if you experience
any problems please let us know in the #openstack-infra channel on
the Freenode IRC network, or via the
openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org mailing list.