[OpenStack-Infra] April 13th Infra StoryBoard bug day and low-hanging-fruit tagging

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Tue Apr 5 20:30:29 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Back in 2013 and 2014 we hosted quarterly bug days where we'd go
through the Infra bugs to evaluate status, make updates and generally
triage the queue of bugs. When we moved off of Launchpad and on to
StoryBoard, we stopped doing these days. As discussed at our meeting
today, StoryBoard has come a long way and it seems we're in a place
where it's technically possible for us to resume bug days.

So we'll be once again hosting an Infra bug day! It will begin on
Wednesday, April 13th at 15:00 UTC and go for 24 hours, as time zones
allow for participants, in #openstack-sprint

We should plan on working on the following:

 * General review, evaluation and triage of outstanding bugs
 * Make sure low-hanging-fruit tags are still valuable and accurate,
and hopefully add more so that new contributors have tasks they can
tackle
 * As we do all this work on StoryBoard, chat with some of the
StoryBoard developers, Zara and SotK, about what we still need from
StoryBoard itself to support our work

An etherpad has been created here where we'll brainstorm, coordinate
updates and *possibly* have a listing of bugs like we did with past
bug days (I'll be looking into that):
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cibugreview-april2016

Thanks to Anita for reserving the sprint channel:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints#Infra_StoryBoard_bug_day_and_low-hanging-fruit_tagging