[OpenStack-Infra] Possible problem with ML handling of DKIM signatures?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 1 15:40:41 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-01 10:03:36 +0000 (+0000), Neil Jerram wrote:
> Carl Baldwin alerted me to the fact that my recent ML emails are
> going into his (Gmail) Spam folder.
[...]
> Therefore my guess is that ML handling might inadvertently be
> changing some of the headers that are covered by the DKIM
> signature.  Does that sound correct, and if so is it something
> that could or should be fixed?

This is a known issue for some years now. We're currently running
Mailman 2.1.14 as packaged in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. If we get some
volunteers to work within the Infra team to help us move to a later
release of Mailman, there are a number of options at our disposal to
help address this issue. In the interim, the alternative
recommendation is to not subscribe to the list from addresses at
sites enforcing DKIM/DMARC for forwarding/delivery.