[OpenStack-Infra] Two versions in Zanata:stable-liberty and master

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Sep 24 07:40:31 UTC 2015

There are two versions in Zanata: stable-liberty and master for nova
project.
Fro my point of view, I hope to force translators to work with only 1
version
during a period of time, i.e. from when stable-liberty is created till when
liberty translation is imported. If different translators work with
different
versions, I think I will lose control.

This is my ideal process:
1. Before RC1 is cut, translators work with master version.
2. After RC1 is cut, translators move to stable-liberty version.
   Master version will not accept translations.
3. After liberty translations are done and they are imported, copy the new
translations
from stable-liberty version to master version, to sync the translations.
4. Open master version to accept translations.

In Transifex, the process works well.
Resources could be set as "not accept translation" in Transifex
but it will not block the source file update.
The sync of different resources are done automatically
by enable "filling from TM".

Now we are in Zanata. Something is changed.
Based on the input of Zanata team, setting a version to "Read Only" will
not accept any changes, including the source files update.
So it will cause the jobs to upload nova pot files fail.
There is no "filling from TM", what I should do is
to "merge versions" or "copy translations"

How to handle this situation now?
Shall I change the process?

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)