[OpenStack-Infra] vcsrepo upstream

Spencer Krum krum.spencer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:21:51 UTC 2015

My preference is to use the puppet-community-git_resource module, it
provides an easy way to transition and can be opinionated about the git
functionality we want. I've heard from many people that the module only
supports redhat, which isn't true. But I think we should view that as a
documentation bug and fix it if we can.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Marton Kiss <marton.kiss at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope we can fix that refresh issue within a reasonable timeframe, and
> this change won't affect the new releases of production ask.o.o.
>
> M.
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 4:56 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-09-23 12:19:22 +0000 (+0000), Marton Kiss wrote:
>> > Yeah, this temporary fix solves the going offline thingy:
>> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222653/
>> >
>> > Sitting in the queue for a while, a +2 approval could help to stop
>> refresh
>> > triggers on ask.o.o
>>
>> As a very temporary measure I've approved it, but Clark expressed a
>> concern that this results in no longer updating automatically (so
>> any change to the ref for ask.openstack.org will need setting
>> askbot_ensure=>latest briefly and then =>present again once the
>> upgrade takes place). This also means ask-staging will stop
>> following the development branch unless we override
>> askbot_ensure=>latest for it.
>> --
>> Jeremy Stanley

Spencer Krum