[OpenStack-Infra] vcsrepo upstream

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Wed Sep 16 18:21:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Marton Kiss <marton.kiss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Colleen,
>
> Have you ever tried this puppet-community puppet-git_resource module? It
> seems to be that it is not ready, the resource auto-depends on a git class
> here:
>
> https://github.com/puppet-community/puppet-git_resource/blob/04ec35488c4d0d5374c736daa4a7e89fbf3e8d84/lib/puppet/type/git.rb#L86
>
> but it was never declared anywhere, the whole manifests directory is
> missing from the repo. (it was present in nanliu's version)
>
> Brgds,
>   Marton

I've not personally used it, no.

An autorequire will add a require relationship to a resource only if that
resource is in the catalog, so autorequiring a class that is no longer in
the module will not cause any problems.

I have not seen the discussion, but what I suspect happened is that there
is another module from puppetlabs that is also called 'git', but it manages
the installation and configuration of git, not git repositories. I expect
they renamed the module and removed the class in order to be compatible
with the other module.

#puppet-community would be a good place to inquire about this module.

Colleen