[OpenStack-Infra] Announcement: Nodepool disruptive changes on configuration are going to be deployed

Yolanda Robla Mota yolanda.robla-mota at hpe.com
Mon Sep 14 17:14:55 UTC 2015

Greetings from #openstack-infra

This is to announce that we will be deploying a disruptive change into
nodepool today, to improve its configuration settings and make it more
reconsumable downstream.
We are adding a new secure.conf file into nodepool, that will be the
source for all credentials now, while nodepool.yaml will be only the
place to store general nodepool definitions.
Related changes are:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/189762/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/184893/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188325/

If you are consuming the master branch of nodepool, please be aware to
update your puppet manifests according to the links above. Basically you
need to create an /etc/nodepool/secure.conf file that will hold jenkins
and mysql credentials, as shown on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/188325/20/templates/secure.conf.erb.
You will have to drop that credentials from your nodepool.yaml as shown
here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/189762/29/nodepool/tests/fixtures/config_validate/good.yaml
. Please not that this step is optional, if you don't drop the
credentials, nodepool will continue operating normally, but these
settings will be ignored in favour of secure.conf ones.

Apologies to any inconvenience caused, we are working to provide a
better usage of nodepool.

Best

--
Yolanda Robla Mota
Cloud Automation and Distribution Engineer
yolanda.robla-mota at hp.com