[OpenStack-Infra] Jenkins Gearman plugin and Zuul tag

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Thu Oct 29 20:29:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

Long time I haven't reached out to you guys, I have been quite busy.

I am looking at upgrading Wikimedia Zuul instance and found out the
Gearman plugin has not been published. Zuul depends on v0.1.3 and I
could use a tag either before Zuull starts depending on the new plugin.

Details:

The Jenkins Gearman Plugin had a new feature added:

  Send node labels back on build completion
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/202867/

It is tagged 0.1.3 but that version has not been published to the
Jenkins update center.
The wiki page would need a refresh as well, specially the history of
versions:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gearman+Plugin

In Zuul the dependency upon German plugin 0.1.3 is introduced with:

  [b233208] Report the per-job build wait time to graphite
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/202867/

Which needs the follow up hotfix:

  [f564b28] Adds missing statsd counter increment.
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235533/

Might be good to tag a version of Zuul before that dependency is
introduced that would be 2.2.0 on:

 1cc37f7 - Merge "Add ZUUL_VOTING parameter"

Which is the commit just before:
 [b233208] Report the per-job build wait time to graphite

:-)

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso