[OpenStack-Infra] Remove placeholder hiera defaults commits

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 00:22:51 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I was hoping somebody could explain the reasoning behind the remove of hiera
defaults in system-config?  The commit title in question is 'Remove placeholder
hiera defaults'.

If you are not aware, this patch has currently broken my testing environments,
as I currently don't setup hiera (actually unneeded until now).  Additionally, I
haven't been keeping up with the in tree hiera conversion, but currently cannot
find a sane hiera yaml file for testing enviornments. Could somebody please
point me to the location?

Hopefully this is just an oversight and somebody will be able to help me testing
without having to install hiera.

---
  $ sudo puppet apply --modulepath=/etc/puppet/modules:modules manifests/site.pp --certname=stackalytics.openstack.org
  Error: Could not find data item stackalytics_ssh_private_key_contents in any Hiera data file and no default supplied at /home/ubuntu/system-config/manifests/site.pp:144 on node stackalytics.openstack.org