[OpenStack-Infra] new-project swauth

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 21 15:57:11 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-21 15:28:43 +0000 (+0000), Lisak, Peter wrote:
[...]
> We (as Seznam.cz company) have permission from swauth author
> (https://github.com/gholt) to take it over and continue in
> development/extending/fixing issues.

This is not unusual. The OpenStack community has adopted at least a
few abandoned dependencies in the past so that we can support them
indefinitely, or to buy time so we can migrate to better-maintained
alternatives.

> So I will appreciate if swauth could become an official OpenStack
> project and use gerrit for code review, autotests and other great
> features to keep it "alive and health".
[...]

You may be confusing "hosted on OpenStack community infrastructure"
with "Official OpenStack Project." You are welcome to share our
infrastructure to host an OpenStack-related project you maintain,
but for it to be considered an official part of OpenStack you need
to either convince an existing official project team to adopt it or
apply[*] to the Techical Committee to start a new project team.

[*] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html