[OpenStack-Infra] new-project swauth

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Oct 21 15:44:03 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 11:28 AM, Lisak, Peter wrote:
> Hello Infra team,
> I'm a developer from Seznam.cz company (http://stackalytics.com/report/companies/seznam.cz) and have started to contribute to openstack/swift recently.
>
> And reason I am writting to you:
> I would like to add swauth project (https://github.com/gholt/swauth) to offical OpenStack projects. I know there is Keystone as the recommended complex auth solution for the OpenStack family. But swauth is useful wsgi middleware especially for smaller installation and development.
>
> We (as Seznam.cz company) have permission from swauth author (https://github.com/gholt) to take it over and continue in development/extending/fixing issues. So I will appreciate if swauth could become an official OpenStack project and use gerrit for code review, autotests and other great features to keep it "alive and health".
>
> Will you be OK with it?
>
> I want to know your opinion before create the project (http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html).
>
> Thanks for reply.
>

> --
> Peter Lisák
> peter.lisak at firma.seznam.cz<mailto:peter.lisak at firma.seznam.cz>

Hello Peter,

The infrastructure team maintains the tooling for developers to develop
projects. The body that has input on the officialness of any given
project is the Technical Committee:
http://www.openstack.org/foundation/tech-committee/

It might be worth some of your time to peruse this site:
http://governance.openstack.org/
particularly here:
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html

Also as something to consider, we are just about to head to Tokyo (some
of us are there already) next week for summit:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/

Trends have shown weeks during summit are remarkably slow for email
traffic, so keep that in mind should you kick off an email discussion
wtih the tc right now.

Thank you,
Anita.