[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul comments to Gerrit

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Oct 21 14:04:17 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 09:17 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2015-10-21 13:36:41 +0200 (+0200), Francesco Santoro wrote:
> [...]
>> This setup is correctly working but zuul publishes comments also on
>> other patches that don't trigger any job.
> [...]
>
> It's because file and branch filters affect which jobs run, but
> comments are tied to whether pipelines are triggered (not to
> individual jobs).
>
> What you probably want is https://review.openstack.org/188383 which
> will cause Zuul not to report for a pipeline at all if it has no
> matching jobs for a change triggering it. This merged to master a
> few weeks after 2.1.0 was released so isn't in an officially
> released version yet. You could try running from the tip of the
> master branch to get this improvement, or backport the patch to your
> installed version, or wait for the next release.

Please note that should you choose to wait for the next release, having
your third party ci system post comments to gerrit that contain no logs
is contrary to the requirements of third party ci systems:
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/third_party.html#requirements

Jeremy was answering your technical inquiry about zuul and its versions.
I am addressing the expectations of every third party ci operator. You
are responsible for knowing and adhering to requirements.

Thank you,
Anita.