[OpenStack-Infra] Upgrade of Zanata from 3.7.1 to 3.7.2

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Oct 8 08:09:56 UTC 2015

"Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz at princessleia.com> wrote on 10/08/2015 06:58:36
AM:

> From: "Elizabeth K. Joseph" <lyz at princessleia.com>
> To: Ying Chun Guo/China/IBM at IBMCN, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com>,
> Steve Kowalik <steven at wedontsleep.org>
> Cc: OpenStack Infra <openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 10/08/2015 06:59 AM
> Subject: Upgrade of Zanata from 3.7.1 to 3.7.2
>
> Hi Daisy, Andreas and Steve (and the rest of -infra on list),
>
> We just upgraded translate-dev from from Zanata 3.7.1 to 3.7.2.
>
> Release information: http://zanata.org/zanata-version-3-7-2/
>
> There don't seem to be any issues, but this is a good opportunity to
> consider and discuss what we want to do in order to test these
> upgrades.
>
> Should we have a no-op API-calling script to confirm that the features
> we're using in the API haven't changed?

If we have API-calling, it's good to test them.
I think we should also test the command line we used.

> Is there anything in the UI we should be looking at? Perhaps we should
> have a checklist?

>From the UI perspective, I want

1. No changes to all existing data, e.g. projects, versions, users,
documents,
languages, translations, TM, glossary, and even the statistics.

So I may go through the UI to check projects are there, versions are
there,
users are there, documents are there, translations percentages are not
changed,
reviews ( approved number and rejected number) are not changed,
and etc. If scripts could be used to do these kinds of test, it would be
great.

I think it's possible to use Zanata API to get these kinds of data before
migration,
( e.g. the list of projects, versions and documents, the number of users,
the list of languages,
the percentage of translations, the number of rejected strings and
approved strings, and etc.)
save the data in a file, and verify the data are not changed after
migration.

2. A translator could translate as usual.

I may select some projects and some languages randomly, open the page to
translate,
check all things in the translation page are good.

> Once we're sure everything is ok, we can make the change to the
> system-config site.pp and upgrade the production instance as well.
>
> Thanks to Steve for keeping an eye on releases and proposing the
> change to the module so we could get moving on our first in-production
> upgrade.

Thanks to Steve and you for taking care of the upgrade.