[OpenStack-Infra] [Infra] [Neutron] Neutron gate for VLAN Transparency

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:52:29 UTC 2015

On 6 October 2015 at 11:56, Doug Wiegley <dougwig at parksidesoftware.com>
wrote:

> Armando also has some ideas w.r.t. to the fullstack job. Standby for
> details.
>
> Thanks,
> doug
>
> > On Oct 6, 2015, at 12:15 PM, Doug Wiegley <dougwig at parksidesoftware.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Changing the defaults in the neutron gate is probably not what we want
> to do here. For these tests, I’d suggest adding a job that uses lb + vlan
> transparency, both of which can be enabled via variables/devstack config in
> our gate hooks. If you need help with that, ping me on irc.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > doug

I am checking why this is the existing behavior. I recall that the
extension was loaded regardless of the default value to be assigned to the
attribute, and if that's the case you should be able to get the API test to
pass.

Having said that, we should also explore the use of the fullstack framework
to test these types of features to avoid having a job sprawl for validating
every single config knob.

My 2c.

Armando